Daniel K. Hartline
Bekesy Laboratory of Neurobiology
Pacific Biosciences Research Center
University of Hawaii at Manoa
1993 East-West Rd.
Honolulu, Hawaii 96822
Phone: (808) 956-8003
FAX: (808) 956-6984
- Swarthmore College, Swarthmore, PA., 9/57 to 6/61; B.A. in Physics with honors, 1961
- Harvard University, Cambridge, MA., 9/61 to 10/67; M.A. in Biology, 1966; Ph.D. in Biology, 1967 (conf 1968), J.H. Welsh, advisor.
- Research Professor (from 7/84) and Director, Bekesy Laboratory of Neurobiology, Univ. of Hawaii, 9/00 - present
- Director, Computational Neuroscience Program; Neuronal and Glial Mechanisms Program,
National Science Foundation, Arlington, VA. 9/97 - 8/98
- Associate Research Professor, Bekesy Laboratory of Neurobiology, University of Hawaii, 9/78 to 6/84
- Assistant Professor, Department of Biology, University of California, San Diego, 7/70 to 7/78.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Stanford Univ. 9/68 to 10/70 with Donald Kennedy
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Bermuda Biological Station, 6/68 to 9/68 with Donald M. Maynard
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Harvard Univ., 10/67 to 6/68 with Ian M. Cooke
- Teaching Assistant, Harvard Univ., 9/65 to 1/66; 9/66 to 1/67
NSF 0923692 "Comparative and Computational Approaches to the Evolution of Myalin" 8/1/09 - 7/31/12 P.I. (Co-P.I.s: Petra Lenz and Ann Castelfranco)
Additional information on the Web
UH Dept. of Zoology graduate faculty posting
Lab Research (copepod myelin) in the News
More about our location
[can't be beat, but you don't want to know about the cost of living here!]
Located on the mauka campus of the University of Hawaii at Manoa
also Web pages; Reflowster site
Return to PBRC Home Page.